- Started the week by rewriting the Player class and the Enemy class. Most actor logic is stored in the AnimatedSprite class. I'll give an overview of how I've structured things soon.
- Found this link on /r/gamedev: http://higherorderfun.com/blog/2012/05/20/the-guide-to-implementing-2d-platformers/ I find it very helpful, especially since I've already figured out some of that stuff for myself.
- Found another link on /r/gamedev: http://www.wildbunny.co.uk/blog/2011/12/11/how-to-make-a-2d-platform-game-part-1/ It's a 3 part series about implementing 2D platformers. With all these new resources and a three day weekend coming up, I feel like I could really get a lot done in a relatively short amount of time.
- After thoroughly reading the two articles above, I've noted that the design decisions I had made and were leaning towards are already recommended in those articles. This gave me a confidence boost that I was on the right track. It's also now my fall back position for not being sure about how to do something.
- The rewrite I started last week is done now. Hurray!
- I've added a basic camera to the game. It works. I'm so excited by these little things. Next up will be working on finalizing the level editor and, by extension, the level, room and tileset classes.
- Made good progress on the level editor. Focusing on getting the New Level, Open Level and Save Level functions perfect before I go on to include any sort of actual editing. Should be done with these by the end of the week, I suspect.
This week's screenshot:
|A working camera!|