Saturday, August 11, 2012

Progress Update 8/4/2012 - 8/10/2012

This week:


  1. Worked on a prototype for a different sort of game in XNA. Probably won't keep it in XNA, and might not go much further with it. Who knows right now.
  2. Fixed a bug or two in Balzac, but not enough to warrant demo release.
  3. Waited anxiously for feedback from judges in last month's contest and recieved none.
  4. Reorganized TODO list for Balzac and thought about what needs to be done going forward.
Despite still feeling kinda burnt out from all the work I poured into the previous month and the release of new videogames that I love to play, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and do something related to my game project each day. I thought that this past week would be more productive, but I guess I burned out last month a bit more than I was expecting. Anyways, the plan going forward is still to fix bugs and some art assets to make the demo more presentable, and then release it. My revised estimate/personal deadline for releasing the demo will be September 1st, which is a Saturday. Come what may, I'll release it that day and start asking for feedback. Maybe after I get some more feedback, I can get back into a position where I'm making visible changes each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment