Saturday, August 18, 2012

Progress update 8/11/12 - 8/17/12

This week:

  1. I spent some time writing a simple blackjack game for the Petit Computer app on my 3DS. It isn't done, but it was a nice distraction.
  2. I spent some time watching panels from QuakeCon and some other talks about game development. July was all about rushing to get something done as quickly as possible, but now that it's over I want to devote some time to trying to prevent myself from mistakes.
  3. I fixed the bug that causes you to fly speeding through the floor whenever you get take damage from something when you're in the air. Though ultimately unrelated to the collision handling subroutines, I've already begun rewriting them. The next step in this process will be to determine whether my old subroutines are fine as is or if I should finish rewriting them.
No screenshots this week. Lots more time was spent playing videogames again, something I didn't really get to do in July and haven't really done since May. It's been lovely to remember how much fun games can be and how much I like to just sit down and play one sometimes. The first level is still on track for a public release at the end of the month, so I'll just focus on getting it as polished as possible for that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment