Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Change of Plan

I work best on a tight deadline and I acknowledged as much during my last blog post. That fact has been stirring around in my head for a few days now and I think I'm going to do something crazy and change my May goals.

Below is a list of all the work I have left to do on my Ludum Dare 29 game, Beneath Your Skin (not necessarily in this order):
Add music
Add sound effects
Add more voice work
Add an ending
Fix movement bugs
Fix the resolution on the windows build
Add suspicion for the NPCs when you are in an infected host
Add voice mimicing mechanics
Add at least three new levels
Add touch screen controls
Make new art for all the new levels
Make new art to make the levels feel lived in
Make rooms you can go into from the hallway
Tighten up the elevator script
Fix guard animations
Test all my new levels and mechanics
Release the game for $1 on PC
Release the game for $1 on Android and iOS

My new goal for May is to do at least half of that list. My goal for June is to do the rest.

Why the rush? I've known for a while that the best way for me to get a job making video games is to just start making video games. The problem is that I'm not finishing anything. To fix that, I'm going to do something crazy and just devote as much as my free time as I can handle to just shipping a game. The game will probably not be as good as it could be, but it will be something I feel good about releasing to the public and that will have to be enough.

Release or bust.

2 comments:

  1. You got this! When you release your games, let me know. I'll totally get one, or both. I'm a game junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it. DOOOOO it.
    I'll get it when you've got it on iOS or Android. :)

    Poke. Poke. Poke. Get to it!

    ReplyDelete